Thursday, May 4, 2017

April 30, 2017

Hey fam! 

Wow this week was a really good week, it was definitely crazy with the weather change because so many people were outside and we were able to do a lot of finding, and I'll tell you what--the people here in Vermont are awesome. It's been a while since I have had this much variety with people, all sorts of interesting stories that maybe I'll tell another day but it's been really fun! Man I have missed my short sleeves though. It is so nice to be in them again! It definitely was a grind week though, not too many people were receptive but it definitely strengthened my faith with talking to everyone.

A while ago on an exchange we found this guy named B-- and he is atheist but as we talked, we found out he grew up in Bountiful Utah for a while, and knew quite a bit about Mormons but obviously was never interested. We talked with him about what we believe and why, and it was a really good conversation respecting each others' beliefs and we went our ways, but we kept running into him on the streets! So we would chat and say hi and go on our way and finally we ran into him again the other day and he said "Hey, I was thinking that I'd like to come check out your church", so we invited him this week and he actually came and he loved it  and wants to come next week! Our recent convert, E--, was an excellent fellowshipper too which is a big part of why I think he wants to come back. Good stuff!

Honestly don't have too much time but T-- had us over for dinner so that was cool, we taught her dad and the spirit was really strong but at the end he said, "So what about Brigham Young--where does he play into this" and gave a big grin. Definitely has heard a thing or two but that's alright--hopefully he will remember the spirit he felt. Our investigator A-- is going to be baptized this next Saturday which is way cool. He is one of the coolest people I have met on my mission. Definitely lucky to have been able to work with him. 

Sorry not too much time but I'll have more time next week! Love you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment