Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 2, 2016

Hello Brother and Sister Webb!

My husband and I live in the Wolfeboro Branch and I wanted to send you a quick note to thank you for sharing your amazing son with us. We were sad to say goodbye to him last night but we know he'll be a great blessing to the people in Bedford. It has been fun to watch him grow and serve here for such a long time. My family has been so blessed to spend time with him.  I feel bad that I only have one picture, but I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures when we're enjoying ourselves. The picture is from back in May with my husband Ben and oldest daughter, Julia. Elder Webb has such a great spirit and testimony. I work in the primary and he has come in a few times to help us with Sharing Time by sharing a scripture story. His testimony touches us all and the kids love to hear the stories of the scriptures from him.

A few months ago he and Elder Washburn challenged our family to find someone they could teach. We set a date of June 12 to have a discussion with an investigator. We have a lot of non-member friends and neighbors here, but a woman named Dorina, who I didn't know very well, kept coming to my mind. I told Elder Webb and Washburn about her and I know they started praying for her, as did my girls and husband and I. We didn't meet our original date, but finally introduced Dorina to your son on July 8th. It was a casual meeting at a restaurant and I was worried that it wouldn't be enough to get her interested in hearing more. But she texted me that night saying that she could feel their amazing spirit and she was so touched by their testimony and willingness to spend 2 years away from family and friends just teaching about Jesus Christ. She wanted to know how to teach her teenage daughters that kind of faith and devotion to Christ. The very next day Dorina found herself facing some very difficult trials and she reached out to us, hoping we could offer some comfort and direction that she couldn't find anywhere else. I know the Lord's had was in that timing. Since then, Elder Webb has been so great at helping Dorina understand the gospel and what it has to offer. She has told me over and over how much he has touched her heart and said the right things at the right time. Last night your son challenged her to be baptized and she accepted. The Spirit was so strong in the room. I'm sad that he won't be able to be here for the baptism, but I wanted you to know that he played an essential role in helping her begin to grow a testimony. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord kept him here in our branch for so many transfers so that he could share his amazing testimony with Dorina.

Again, I just wanted to thank you for sharing him with us. He's so wonderful to talk to and we have loved all our conversations with him. And he's been so patient with us and some of our crazier dinner plans, like at the park in the rain, or teaching Dorina at the beach. (We're currently in a hotel because our house purchase has been delayed). My girls all have enjoyed getting to know him and their favorite family nights have been when the missionaries come to dinner.

By the way, I grew up in Highland and went to Lone Peak. My parents and youngest sister still live there so if you ever run into the Stoddards, you can say hi :)

I hope you guys have a great week. If you ever come out to New Hampshire, we would love to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment