Thursday, November 17, 2016

November 14, 2016

Wow, this week was another really crazy week. So last week we found 5
new investigators and this week we found 7.  For Mexico, it's probably
average numbers but for New England, it's rare--haha we were definitely
blessed this week!

So last week we went on exchanges, my comp found a young family while
street contacting and they said we could come over.  So, on Monday we
went and taught them and their names are J-- and J-- and they are
awesome--their kids are insane, but it's a fun time teaching them.
J-- was working, so we tried to help J-- get to church but he was
embarrassed that he didn't have dress clothes, so Elder Holt and I gave
him some pants and shirts and shoes and tie to wear, and he still
didn't come! We were pretty disappointed but it's ok, he will come next
week.

I have talked about our investigator, A--, and how we are teaching
her, and she has a daughter named M-- and she told us this week she
was interested in learning, too, so we are now teaching them both. They
are awesome, we can't get them to come to church to save our lives so
please pray that they will come haha they did come to a baptism though
this weekend, so that was cool. A-- likes the thought of baptism, it
just comes down to keeping commitments ha we know she can do it--it
will just take some time.

So another cool thing that happened this week--we planned to see a
former, and she was a single lady in her 40's, sounded pretty cool, so
we went over to her place and knocked on her door and these 2 big
black guys open the door and they were like "Uhhhhh, can we help you?"
And we told them we were looking for an E-- and they were like
"She doesn't live here but come in" and we were like......alright! So
we went in and they are both so cool. W-- and A--. They both
said they have been looking for a church to go to and become a part of
and their minds were just blown we came at the time that we did. It
was really cool to see the way the Lord placed them in our path.
During the lesson their girlfriends came in and were interested as
well, so we taught them too. You just never know what's behind the
door! 

I feel like I have worked so hard in this area to find people and help
it get back on its feet because it was pretty bad when I got here.

It had been pretty discouraging because not a whole lot has happened
but it's good to see things starting to turn around. I don't like to
ask people for help, or I think I can do things on my own, but it's been
really humbling the past 2 or 3 weeks to realize once again that I
can't do anything on my own, especially missionary work. Relying on the
Lord is when we will find success in all phases of our lives, and I
always have to be reminded of that one haha cause it's easy for me to
forget. I'm glad I go through struggles that help me remember Him and
my reliance on Him. 


Helaman 12:3 has been one of my favorite
scriptures to share lately. I'm not sure if I told you about J-- our
potential who's brother had the brain tumor and died. So the
question why do bad things happen to good people has been on my mind
lately to help someone without the full gospel answer a question like
that. It's easy for us to answer because of the plan of salvation
being in our lives for so long, but for someone who doesn't know, it's a
touchy process--but I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and the
chance I get to share it almost daily.

Love you, fam, have a good week!




No comments:

Post a Comment