Sunday, June 19, 2016

June 13, 2016

Hey Fam!

Man this week was a good week. It was sad saying goodbye to President
this last Tuesday! I can't believe he will be leaving. We had a
conference and it was so good, I swear President will be a general
authority. A lot of missionaries probably say that about their
presidents hahaha but I literally think so. I'm excited for President
Blair though! I have heard a lot of good things about him. 


I can'tbelieve Tanner is leaving already--that's crazy! I'm sure he will love
it though. That's too bad about the toilet paper though. Bless his
heart. I'm scared to ask what they even use, though.......actually I
want to know haha.

As for work this week in Wolfeboro, it was an interesting week. So
because of the conference at the Joseph Smith Memorial, we had to go
Monday night after p day to go to Lebanon and stay at their place, and
then we had a conference all day Tuesday, and then we went on exchange
Friday and Saturday with the district leaders. So we were in our area
for just a few days but it still was really good. 


So yesterday we went to the Joseph smith memorial again with some members
and L--, andwe got the tour from the senior missionaries and got to go up to the
monument with just us 5 there. It was so cool. The jsm is one of my
favorite places. Jeffrey R. Holland said it's one of the most sacred
places in the world, not because of some extended history of the place
but just the fact that Joseph was born here is what makes it so
special. It's a sight to see, that's for sure. And I feel a spirit
similar to what I feel in the temple. Speaking of the temple we will
be going this weekend with L-- and the branch to do a temple
trip, and she will be taking her own names. It will be cool! I haven't
been to the temple out here yet, so I'm excited to head to Boston for
that.

N--, our investigator, has been really sick this week so we haven't
been able to see her. Her dialysis makes her pretty weak and it's easy
for her to get sick. She wasn't able to make it to church but it's ok,
we will be seeing her in a couple days. We haven't been able to catch
G-- at home either, he lives so far away so it's hard to stop by all
the time, but yeah his phone broke is what we heard so yeah G-- is
MIA but we will be back with him soon enough. K-- and her family are
doing well, they all came to church and enjoyed it, and we had a
lesson with them this week, too, about prayer. They are nice people, and
are easy to talk to, but they don't keep a lot of commitments so they
need a little more time to understand the importance, because they
have never really been religious in their lives, so it's a process but
it's good!

Transfers will be this weekend--pray that I stay! I'm joking but I'm
not at the same time. I love this place. I wouldn't complain if I got
transferred because as Elder Rasband put it a couple weeks ago to all
the mission "if you complain about your new area or companion you are
basically blaspheming the Lord" soooooooo I won't complain. But I'd
love to stay! Lol

I'm sending a package for Dad (one thing is for Jared) but yeah it
probably won't get there by Father's Day, but happy Father's Day, Dad!
And happy birthday! Quit getting old! Thanks for being a cool Dad.
I'll send a letter, but it will probably come sometime next week.

Love you all! I think a cool thing that I did this week was study
Joseph Smith and try to strengthen my knowledge and testimony of him.
It's amazing how humble he was his entire life. He never gave credit
to himself he always gave it to God. He was amazing. So read up a
little more on Joseph Smith! Or do the next actual best thing which is read
the Book of Mormon. Because that alone shows he's a true prophet. So
that's my challenge to you all! Love you,  have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment