Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 1, 2017

Hey fam! Surprise! Our p-day changed because of transfers on Monday.

Ps.  I'm staying in Nashua for another! My last transfer! I'm definitely
excited to stay in Nashua though! I knew I'd stay because President
basically told me in my interview but to get the final answer was
good. There are  so many awesome people here so I'm way excited.

We had a crazy week, not too much finding. Which hasn't happened in a
while, but we taught most of the week! It was a good feeling to see
though because it shows that there finally is a foundation here with
the people we teach. Now it's just helping them progress and
continually rebuilding but we have some awesome investigators with a
lot of potential.

So I told you about J--, the kid who accepted a baptismal invite
this last week and really understood everything well. Well we went and
taught him again this week and his Mom came in and joined us. She knew
basic beliefs of the church because she has a friend in our ward, and
they were the classics about polygamy and blacks and the priesthood
etc, and then tithing. We were able to manouver it well back to the
restoration and she kept asking about tithing so we explained the
basics and then moved on. At the end of the restoration she of course
brought up tithing again, and she said she has a problem with the
money going to pastors and evangelists and how they are millionaires
and have the nicest stuff and yet preach to give to the poor. We told
her our church's tithing goes straight to helping people and she then
said "well I'm going to talk to Sister Favey (the member in our ward)
and give her my 10% so I can pay my tithing to your church. I'm
excited to read the Book of Mormon so I can really know!" First time
I've ever taught the restoration and then afterwards they commit
themselves to pay tithing! It was actually really cool. They are a
solid family. We are excited to help them move forward.

We also helped M--l download the gospel library app and he was
PUMPED. He's into technology,  and as he was flipping through it he was like
"Wow, your church does well with the technology stuff".  It's true! But
yeah he was way excited.

I finished the Book of Mormon again this week and so I'm going through
each book that I read throughout my mission and going through all of
the markings and taking notes on them and it's been way interesting.
I'm glad I did it that way on my mission. Picking up a fresh Book of
Mormon and marking it and then seeing how much different they are
because of the different positions I was in during each time I read.
Don't even know if that makes sense but hopefully-- lol. The Book of
Mormon is just crazy cool. Finishing the Book of Mormon always is such
a cool experience reflecting on what you learned.

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment