Wednesday, July 12, 2017

July 10, 2017

Woahhhhh camping trip.  And kkkk when did we get a UTV? Never got that
update. That's cool though! Glad the trip was good. Definitely the
group is shrinking but gotta keep it alive! Nothing better than
Wasatch. One of my favorite places in the world.

Well well well this week was a good week. We worked hard this week
trying to get people to church. We were able to find a few people that
seem really solid. One of them is named J-- and we picked him up by
shooting baskets with him in his driveway. He's a YouTube maniac is
how he explained it, he posts trick shot videos so I asked him if I
could try one and he let me so I went and shot from like 30 feet
behind the backboard and had to make it over and I made the shot and
he lost his marbles. He posted it to YouTube because he said he was
filming it and said we would get good publicity from it.  So hey,  not
complaining. He probably doesn't have any subscribers so no one
probably could even find it but hey I made it on the internet so I'm
officially cool even if no one sees it. He also became an awesome
investigator so we are excited about him.

So we really put a focus on sacrament meeting this week. We were
outside of our car at the very least a few hours a day and every soul
we met we invited them to church. Literally not a single person
crossed our path that we didn't invite to church haha we had some
awesome miracles come from that. They didn't necessarily come to
church but it was interesting to see their hearts soften to an invite
to church rather than an invite to meet with us....honestly from my
perspective I'd rather meet with any missionaries than go to some
random service I've never heard of,  but hey whatever works I guess! It
was really good. We are going to continue to try that.

We did have some people come to church though! The A-- family
from Iraq. Well, the 3 kids came because the parents had to work. It
was so cool though, because we tried SO hard to get them to come and
they finallyyy came. And they loved it so much! The ward loved them
too.  One is 16, the other is 13, and the youngest is 7. They are
planning on coming every week now. It was really cool to see people
come to church and the young women came and swarmed them and instantly
became their best friends. They even participated in the classes from
what we were told,  so it was awesome. Definitely a good way to end the
week.

I've been seeking some advice from people about my last transfer and
it's been like the best thing for me. Legit--whoever reads this and is
on a mission, on your last transfer you need to find the balance of
preparing to go home but still staying super super focused, and asking
for advice is awesome because there are so many good ways to keep that
balance. I had a conversation with a rm in our ward last having dinner
at their house, and he got back like 6 months ago and we had a good
conversation. It was really helpful. So don't try to do it on your
own! Ask for advice--it's the best thing you could do.

Love you guys have a good week!

1. Nashua is full of crazy cool street art. Here's one example.
2. We have a sweet view outside of of our apartment window but you can
see it way better from higher up so I amped up my study deskšŸ¤˜






No comments:

Post a Comment