Thursday, January 7, 2016

January 4, 2016

Hey everyone! It's good to hear you've had a good time together for the new year and Christmas! And happy birthday!! Now that Jared's 21 he probably has WAYYY more grey hairs than he already did and is balding more. He knows I love him so I can say things like that. And luckyyyy a cruise to Mexico would be so cool! 

This week was pretty interesting! I got a new companion. His name is Elder Hales! He's from this tiny town in Utah, it's like an hour away from Price. Ferren? Pharren? Something like that. He's absolutely hilarious. We have a lot of fun. He's a goof but hey so am I. And I have been leading out the area! He's been out for about 21 months so I was a little scared to show him that I can plan and that I know where our investigators live! But it went well this week. We taught the recent converts J-- and J-- this week and we taught a new investigator named T--. He's from Burundi and he said he's been praying to God to find the right church and he totally believes that the message we have is the right one. Well......WE know it is, now we just need to bring the Spirit so that he can know it for himself! Haha and we were supposed to meet with J-- and F-- this week, too, but they were busy which is a bummer, but we talked to both of them yesterday and they are still doing good! 

New Year's Eve/ New Year's Day was very interesting haha it was just a normal day but we talked to very interesting people. New Year's Eve/ New Year's Day outside of Utah is crazy! We didn't talk to very many people that weren't drunk. Or they were all frustrated talking to us because they were on a big hangover. It was frustrating talking to so many people and nothing really coming from it but I realized how grateful and blessed I am for the wonderful people I'm surrounded by as examples to me, so that I never got into anything I shouldn't. Not that I would have, but I also thought about how grateful I am to live in such a wonderful place. It's so easy to make better decisions when you are surrounded by people who want to do the same as well. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for being that first example to me in helping me live my life how I should. It gives me a stronger desire as well to help these people out. Because I really have gained a love for the people of Portland. Follow the Word of Wisdom, whoever is reading this. And if you think it's crazy that God would command us to follow something like the word of wisdom, give it a try. How can you know something will or won't bless your life until you try to follow it? God commanded it for a reason. And He promises blessings. Especially the strength to overcome it. 

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! Thanks for being great examples to me! It means a lot! And happy new year! 

Love, 
Elder Webb 

No comments:

Post a Comment