Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 14, 2015

Hello family! So I'm writing today because our p-day changed to today for this week because there have been some complications with a temple trip to Boston. Long story. But yeah! Mom I got the package, and I'm all set now. I have everything so thank you!! And I ran into a lady on the street that teaches at Amherst and I told her to look for Lindsey, so Lindsey, there might be some lady that comes up to you soon haha I don't know if you know her, she taught at Harvard and has been at Amherst for like.......10 years or something? I don't remember. But yeah. 

Well this week was very interesting! We had p-day on Monday so nothing really happened that day and then I went on an exchange until Wednesday which was interesting. It was with Elder Lawrence and he's a new missionary too so we couldn't teach any lessons because our French obviously isn't good enough.  So we street contacted/tracted ALL day on Tuesday. We walked soooo far haha my legs got so tired, and we didn't really have any success but it was interesting to see how we worked as new missionaries! We have a lot to improve on, but we are getting there! After we finished our exchange I finally was able to go back to my area. 

This week we worked a lot with the recent converts because they are going to the temple today and we helped them with family history and getting names and everything. It's so cool to see how much it means to them to get their family member names, A- especially was SO excited to go to the temple! He said he has had some dreams about going and can't wait to see one in real life. 

Another thing that was really cool to see this past Sunday, that I don't think I mentioned in my last letter, was A- got the priesthood. I've been teaching A- for the entire transfer with Elder Johnson and he has shared some tear jerking stories but he still had never cried until this Sunday. Getting the priesthood meant the WORLD to him. He started crying right after and looked up to Elder Johnson and said "I finally have the priesthood, the legit priesthood." It was so cool. It made me realize how much of a privilege the priesthood is, and really made me appreciate it. 

We taught J- a lesson about the gospel of Jesus Christ on Thursday too and her lessons always go so well.  She already knew it all basically and it was basically just an open discussion haha but I said the closing prayer and I said it in French! I really surprised myself, and Elder Johnson said it all made sense, too, so yeah! And J- was so stunned. She was so happy but REALLY stunned at first. It made me feel good that I was able to contribute to the lesson in some way, I'll keep practicing so I can contribute more but yeah I wanted to tell you guys that. It's been a good week! 

In April of 2007 (I think...) there is a talk called "Its true isn't it? Then what else matters?" By Neil L. Anderson, And it really made my week. It's easy to get lost in your thoughts with things, like being away from home, and discouragement when people don't listen to you, but this talk really helped me in a lot of ways. It starts out by talking about Gordon B Hinkley talking to a naval officer from Asia who was baptized while he was in training in the United States. President Hinkley asks him how he will be treated by family and everyone around him because he is now a Christian and he said with tears in his eyes something to the degree of "I'll have a lot of family problems and career problems when I come back." And President Hinkley asks, "Are you willing to sacrifice so much for this church?" And he responds "Well it's true isn't it?" And I'll let you read the rest but it's such a good story and such a good talk. I encourage you all to read it this week. I love you all! I hope you have a good week!! 


Elder Webb 

No comments:

Post a Comment